The organ was built (1952) by Rushworth & Dreaper Ltd. (Liverpool) and is dedicated to the memory of Charles W. Bridson, organist at the Parish Church between 1902-1949.
The organ is situated in the West End of the church accommodated in three separate chambers provided by the architect E.C.Butler, LRIBA (Messrs. W.A.Forsyth & Partners, London) who designed the casework. The Great is in two sections on either side of the Oriel Window, the Swell and Choir being placed behind the Grille in the North Aisle. The Console is placed on an elevated platform adjacent to the Choir Stalls.
The organ was restored in 1983 and again in 2005 at which time all electrical wiring was replaced and a new solid state capture system added.
Compass of Manuals – CC to C 61 notes
Compass of Pedal – CCC to F 30 notes