Bells have hung in the church tower since at least the year 1636. Four bells were bought in that year and were re-cast in 1724 when two more were added. These were damaged when the Tower collapsed in 1810.
These six bells were then recast and six more were added and installed in the new tower. They were rung for the first time on 4th June 1814. The tower escaped serious damage when the church was destroyed in December 1940 and the bells were removed for safety thereafter. The present ring of twelve was cast by John Taylor & Sons, Loughborough, and was installed in a new frame in the bell chamber prior to the opening of the new church in October 1952.
The bells range in size from the Treble (diameter 27”, weight 307 kg) to the Tenor (diameter 60.5”, weight 2128 kg). Further details of the individual bells and of bell ringing at the Parish Church can be found on the website of the Parish Church Society of Change Ringers (www.pierheadbells.org.uk).